- Fire Type- Does the most damage. Damage can be boosted futher with Air type cards, flame oriented skills. Have the best attack points in the game.
- Water Type- Good middle ground type. Decent attack and defense points. Potency can be boosted by Earth types cards used by the original caster.
- Earth Type- Has the best defensive point totals. Usually a weak attack, defense can be boosted with some Flame type skills and monsters.
- Air Type- Good middle ground. Best when used as support cards for Flame oriented attacks. Most effective against Earth type cards.
- Monster- Main type of card used in battles, mainly to attack opposing players and deplete their mana.
- Spell- Used to support your monsters on the field. (these have many possible uses from mana gain to bringing back destroyed monsters.)
- Trap- Used to trap and disable monsters and even spell cards.
- Skill- These cards boost the defensive and offensive prowess of all monster cards on the field, and can even provide new effects and stipulations to spells and traps.
- World-Maker Cards